View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 05:45 PM   #6627
papadell
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

The system is due for a change.

To me, Ranked shouldn't be the grindfest it is. With rewards being so interetwined in the mode with the way it's structured, to me it never felt satisfying to play. Between the aforementioned rating system, inability to register ping and match up with a stable connection and all the gameplay issues; it just felt like a chore to play.

Stubs are king. XP is king. Those two things should allow you to eventually get any card you want. I proposed a long time ago some kind of "tree" system that branches for each team. Where every card that is in the game is part of the tree with a unique path to unlock that card. Or, each card requires x amount of whatever to unlock.

Maybe it's cumulative or team specific, but say to unlock a diamond version of Hank Aaron that isn't tied to collections you have to get x hits, x HR, x RBI etc. So similar to prestige but also tied to affinity missions where you have to do it with Braves players.

Once you earn the required stats with Braves, Aaron becomes available to unlock. BUT. It works like this with every card. So say you really want 99 Chipper Jones that was released in a limited promo pack or something.

You can just unlock him the same way, but when you unlock a card in a Team Tree you have to "cash in" those accrued stats. So, do you want Hank or Chipper?

Once you cash in for one, those stats are taken from your bank and you have to grind up those stats and rinse and repeat for each card and their unique cost.

The best part? As you unlock dope cards for a team, you can then use those cards to help grind towards the next batch of stats and card.

And then players get credit for team stats with every team they played for or something. So Hank can earn stars for Brewers and Braves. But same deal. Once you cash in for a team/card, those stats are washed.

Something like that, to me, would add such an unrivaled level of replayability to this game and I'd lose my mind.