View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 11:48 PM   #5
cvantu
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pinpoint Pitching doesn't seem to be worth the boost in accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
For sure. It definitely adds more immersion to the game and actually improves features like the aforementioned 8-pitch warmup outside of simply being an uber-easy way to increase pitch confidence. I went into an 8-pitch warmup w/ Kenly Jansen and had to end it early b/c I couldn't get the timing down and didn't want to keep making my pitch confidence even worse before facing the first batter. I've never once ended a warmup early b/c of that and in some strange way, I kinda liked it. Despite it's difficulty, it's a great interface for those who want more of it.

Because of the extra 3rd factor and increased difficulty/learning curve, though, it only served to negate the boost in accuracy compared to Pure Analog, personally. So I kept finding myself asking if it was worth going through the growing pains of trying to master Pinpoint when Pure Analog is already crazy accurate when done right.

As it stand for me right now, the answer is a resounding "No." If the need for a greater challenge arises, I'll definitely be heading back to it.
Don't give up on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove