Thread: Oculus Quest 2
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 03:55 AM   #1
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Oculus Quest 2

So my wife brought up an interest in getting the the Quest 2. She had read some stuff about workouts, and we decided to give it a try.

I can say we flipping love it. We bought the 64GB, which should be fine un less you have some special use, like saving tons of clips at one time. I also bought the Elite Strap for $50, which ought to just be standard, but I assume it is to keep the advertised price under $300.

The main thing is, if it were wired to my PC, she would not use it much at all. But being able to just take into the dining room where there is more space, she uses it a ton.

My wife started do Supernatural, which is a sub, but worth it, and playing Beat Saber, which is the Wii Sports of Oculus. When a friend came over and played Beat Saber, she bought on the day her stimulus check came in.

I mostly play Pokerstars, which is actually a pretty great poker game. It's easily what I spend the most time in. I love poker, and this game really nails it.

I started playing Echo VR, which is a Rocket League type of game, but played like the game in Ender's Game. You jet around playing ultimate frisbee in space. I am drenched when done, and it is a blast. It actually got me to start doing the workouts in Supernatural just to get into better shape. Not lying.

There is an arcade Football game, Football Unleashed, where you play as a QB, and throw passes and run the ball. You can design plays. It is set up for you to score a TD in X amount of time. You get bonus points for how quick, and a mini game where you throw passes for hoops for extra points.

Again, it's just fun. Apparently there is an update now where when your receiver catches the ball, you become the receiver. Before, once they got the ball, all you can do is block and watch. But it's mostly just playing a list of CPU games and trying to run up a score for the leader board. But the game gets more and more strategic as you beat better teams.

I figured I would start a thread to see if others here want to play some Echo VR or other games online. There is a lot of cool stuff.

Almost forget to add. I ended up with MLB.TV this year, and the the app for it in VR is pretty great. You get a real close 3D look at the pitch paths and stuff. Plus you can watch games in giant screen.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 04-17-2021 at 03:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove