View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 08:57 AM   #12
Funkycorm
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ridins Full Minors roster information

I will chime in here. The top 30 prospects per team in the roster is a mixed bag. On one hand, it creates more realism for the user, on another, it creates more high end overalls down the road because potentials have always been inflated in this roster as well as the default the last 2 years.

I give the FM team full props for their player creation, getting players in, rating players (outside of potential), equipment, international players and everything else I may have missed.

But... all that becomes moot because of the potentials.

Unless if they really truly reworked potential ratings in this roster, it will suffer from the same long term issues it has every other year.

As an example, Indians pitching prospect Ethan Hankins has an overall scout grade of 50, with a plus grade of 60 for his fastball and 55 for his changeup. What would you give him potential wise? In the past, the FM roster had him at 90. Way too inflated for a just inside the top 10 prospect for the Indians. He is not in the 60-65 grade range. Even more when you consider that a plus fastball is averaged at 93mph. Again I am extrapolating back a bit because they haven't released yet and because of no minor leagues last year.

And I see their dilemma. The FM team know that everyone wants their favorite prospect to be a future hall of famer even though they are the 20th ranked prospect in their organization who has a scout grade of 45 and is below average because the user shares some attachment to them. I see it. I get it. The problem is all of these prospects will likely end up with B potential grades which is way too inflated.

No one outside of the top 10 prospects (I will be nice and say 15 for this roster because of international prospects) should have an A potential. No one outside of the top 100 should have a B (of any level 80-89) and half of those B's should be less than 85. The remaining 700 or so should have a C potential.

The 93 man rosters and inflated draft classes in the game, make it worse as well. That has to be taken into account here.

I am sure people are getting tired of me repeating this so I will stop here.

Either way, I am curious to get my hands on it to run some tests.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment