View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 09:34 AM   #2
pjt8405
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: ATD based Roster - Sheitan Project - Next Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheitan
Hey 2K Community ! First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am French, NBA fan for more than a decade now. I work in trading for years so I am pretty good with data analysis, statistics. CelticLG has done an amazing work with his roster Attention To Detail (ATD) with others contributors and I want to thank them all.

For a year now, I am playing MyLeague/MyNBA based on the ATD roster. Mainly on CPU vs CPU (12min Quarter) where I am constantly doing adjustments of players tendencies, global sliders. From my point of view and based on the multiple hours of backtesting I found out weird behaviour in the post game, the decision making of ball handlers, the ball usage rate among a CPU team.

That’s where I will bring major updates that will completely change the game, by improving the CPU decision making and the general gameplay.

In addition, I want to correct the players ratings and the model behind to define it, because of some significant discrepancies. On that matter I would like to bring a statistical point of view of players ratings, based on a “normal distribution” which is a fundamental principle in our world. To make it simple, average players (50% of the pool) should be between 77 and 79, 25% below 76 and 25% above 80.

Player rating concept :

In that way, with the changes in tendencies and ratings if you plan to multiple seasons you will have scenarios like Jeramy Grant who was a role player at the Nuggets became FP at the Pistons but he should not be a 85+. Also, player potential should be lower and players evolution over time should be limited to be closer to the reality, and not having too many 80+ players.

Player rating issues - Explanations & examples :

Project : I will be honest with you guys, I work a lot and therefore I don’t have that much free time to do all the changes myself, but I gathered enough information to offer you an amazing and realistic basketball game. If some people can help to build the roster that would be really appreciated. We can create it step by step.

Road Map :
1. I will do the major tendencies update this week based on the scenario of jparks85 (ATD last update) and also the sliders.
2. Player ratings & CelticLG formula improvement
3. Tendencies update to make players unique based on statistical data (hook, fadeaway, ...)

Tendencies :

Sliders :

Players Rating : On-going

MyNBA sliders & special processes :

Current issues & To be improved :

Thanks a lot for reading me, if you have questions or remarks feel free to share. Also if you want to be part of this project you can !

Phenomenal info!

Quick question,
Are you aware of the default setting for both teams where each team's freelance is set to "Pound the Ball Inside"?
You have to change both teams to "Auto" at beginning of the game and wait for one possession before the game recognizes the change. Also, at the start of each half, the non-user-controlled team must be changed again as they revert to "Pound the Ball Inside" each quarter. You do not need to change the user-controlled team.

Three other areas which make a HUGE difference in gameplay are

ISO Tendencies ( many teams have WAY TOO MANY players with ISO tendencies despite not being ISO guys

Transition Spot-Up vs Cut - Many players are way off by default in this area, as Shooters should be MAX 95 for example, and Rim Runners who don't shoot or Bigs should be 0

Roll vs Pop - These need to be cleaned up across the board as many are already correct but this years data should be included

Also, the Playbooks and Play-Types are VITAL to proper gameplay. Many teams are missing "Cutter" plays in their playbook despite guys like Clint Capela cutting for Alley-Oops etc. Many player types include the 3PT play type (for example = Brandon Ingram) despite not being a higher volume 3PT shooter. That changes the offense gameplay tremendously if edited correctly.

Finally, Coach POE play a big part in simulation as well as each Head Coach and Assistant Coach grade and System Proficiency (In the "Edit Coach" menu)