View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 07:16 PM   #7
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Purchases Metalhead Software to Grow Super Mega Baseball Franchise & Develop O

Well, you have to assume we are going to see an Ultimate Team mode of some sort. And if I was going to play a CC version of a game online, I would much prefer to do it with SMB3, as Pennant Race is just nearly perfect 100% of the time.

They could license real players, current and legends, and add them into the mix. And I think they could easily do a SMB4: MLB version with actual players and stadiums in the same style the game uses now.

I've been playing The Show since it launched on Game Pass, but the last few nights, I've gone back to SMB3. It's just about 1 million times more fun to play in game. I don't think SMB3 needs real players, but I could get behind it, as long as they keep the current franchise mode as is, and don't try to mimic real world labor agreements.

I did think it is funny that they are talking about how the agreement just happened and they want to sit down and plan out the future, like that future wasn't planned out when they bought them out.

I do bet we see some SuperMega football and other sports, too. It's a good brand to leverage.