Old 05-06-2021, 11:14 PM   #6
knucklecutter
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: knucklecutter's MLB 21 HOF directional / classic sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMan17
This is definitely an interesting set and I can see how it might give the game an ultra-realistic feel, especially over a season in Franchise mode. Love that its HOF/clean screen.

Was midgame but threw these on anyway and hit a grand slam on my second batter.. but the atbat and the one before it (walked to load bases) was super challenging and rewarding.

Excited to see how these play over a few games.

Only thing that bugs me about a lot of sets is having to adjust something midgame (Manager hook). Is there any way around this at all or totally necessary? Put it in the middle at 6? Just leave on 5 or 7? I'm sure you've tested a lot more than me so interested to know what you think

I've played quite a few games with various manager hook settings, prior to and after the relievers come in... Initially I was going to use 4 for the hook like has been suggested by a few people, but under certain situations that I manipulated intentionally by switching teams, the starter stayed out just a little too long for my liking, although these were in very specific situations. I felt 5 was a good compromise. As far as the 7 for relievers, that is based on numerous simmed games, checking on the pitchers stats. As far as actually playing games, 6 might be a decent compromise compared to 7, but 7 basically insures that the manager replaces the relievers as would be expected. The goal that we're trying to get to is that you want the manager to replace the starter and the relievers as expected instead of "protecting" the bullpen by not not replacing pitchers both starters and relievers, and 8 on the stamina seems to accomplish that goal. If you want to use 6 as the hook all game long, under certain situations the starter may be pulled early , but the bullpen should be ok. To each is his own i guess.