Old 05-08-2021, 03:33 PM   #3
Unlucky 13
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boling4Humor
I’m trying to figure out the contract extension language for The Show. I’m playing as the Brewers and I have Brandon Woodruff and Corbin Burnes due for an extension. Both want to be the Ace. I looked up the terminology for an Ace and it says that the Ace is the number 1 pitcher, however, sometimes the Ace can also be classified as an elite pitcher for the team.

So my question is, for The Show, if I give Burnes the Ace label for the extension, would Woodruff not be able to have that Ace label as well? Is this restricted to one pitcher for your team?

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'm playing on 20 not 21, but in my experience there's nothing preventing you from labeling them both as an ace. The only issue is that one of them might have a drop in his morale, but I would expect that it would likely be fairly minor.

You can promise anything that you want in contract negotiations and the morale is the thing that gets effected the most. The more that you stray from what you offered, the bigger a deal it becomes, and the more the player's on field performance is effected. So if a guy expects to be an Ace and he's in the bullpen, he might have a really big drop.