View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 04:31 AM   #1
Cletus
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
They made how many Bucs? (Pittsburgh MLB 21 dynasty)

Just a fair warning, this might move kind of slow. I'm going to try to play all 162 games plus playoffs if I make it. At the very least I'm going to play 100. It might be a slow burn. Now onto the backstory....

Pirates Ownership Ousted by MLB

News has broken that Major League Baseball owners have gotten tired of the Pittsburgh Pirates losing and have ousted ownership. Reports are surfacing that it was a closed room vote and a change was overwhelmingly approved. MLB will take over the team until a new ownership group can be found. The Pirates have been on a steady decline for almost the last 20 years but this past season there were a few heated exchanges after Pittsburgh dealt Josh Bell. While the Covid-19 pandemic didn't help, Pittsburgh's profits were roughly half of what owners would like. "This made the decision easier for us to come together and do something," one owner stated.

As far who is filling in, all on the field operations, scouts and coaches will stay the same. MLB has already announced a new general manager by the name of Malachi Geary. Geary was raised in Mississippi before making it to minor league baseball. Since retiring from MiLB, he has worked as a scout for several minor league teams. His last job was being assistant general manager for the Lake Elsinore Storm. Will this change fortunes for Pittsburgh and it's fans? We can only watch and see.
Advertisements - Register to remove