Old 05-09-2021, 04:42 PM   #6
Funkycorm
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My franchise role players outperforming stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
This is one of the reasons why I feel fictional franchises are such a good idea. It allows the player to not get hung up on real life vs the game.

I was recently talking about how if I were ever to start a new franchise, it would be fictional with one of my friends who is also a Blue Jays fan. He was shocked. He thought it was crazy that I wouldn't want to play as the modern team.

I told him it's very tempting, but in my current carry over from 2014, Mike Trout is regressing like crazy while Bryce Harper maintains a 99 rating. He immediately got what my issue was.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Without a doubt. This is why I sim 7-8 years into the future then play. There is no comparison to be made to real life. I am one not to care about all real players or matching transactions or anything of the sort. Give me my own created universe to dive into.

People are confused why I do this and tell me to go play OOTP but it is so much more rewarding than being concerned that my good real life hitters are struggling. I started a new franchise, simmed and built up to 2031, so I get the real schedule, in a half real half fake league. Now I am playing it. It's just amazing to do. If people tried it, they would love it.

I will not play the current real life season with any team in any sports game. Give me my own universe every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment