View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #1
Unlucky 13
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Lack of solid contact - default players vs generated/created

I have something that I wanted to run by the rest of the community. For years now, its felt to me like when I use a player that isn't a default guy created by SDS, those players just have far less oomph on their hits, and balls they put into play are mostly grounders.

So what I mean is that any player that I draft and develop, or a guy that comes from the SDS full minors rosters and starts out as a low level prospect, even if they have really good ratings after spending a few seasons in the minor leagues, when I bring them to the majors and try to bat with them, they perform far, far worse than the regular players that are in the game from day one. Even guys who have lesser ratings than they do.

Veteran Player A might have contact and power ratings in the 50s, and prospect B might have those ratings in the 70s, but when I bat with them, Veteran guy does much better, over hundreds of plate appearances. Not just statistically too, but getting hard contact and putting loft on the ball when he hits it. While the draft picks and other created guys mostly hit grounders to the opposite field.

Its something thats bothered me for years, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing, and if there were any solutions.
Advertisements - Register to remove