Old 05-10-2021, 12:08 PM   #7
Unlucky 13
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Lack of solid contact - default players vs generated/created

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Last year, the players you used IN PLAYED GAMES definitely saw their hot zones developed. Not so much in simmed games (if at all).

I haven't yet gotten far enough into franchise this year to confirm that is still the case....it often took a month or two (of played games). It's probably going to take a bit longer this year because hitting is more balanced than it was in 20.
That does stink. I'm still going to be with 20 until I can get a PS5, and who knows when that will be. But some of my guys in the minors have put up HUGE stats and still had blue and black zones. I feel like I've finally figured out a secret that had avoided me for years up until this point, lol.

I did a quick look around the default rosters of the game, and sure enough, almost all of the non-star players that I've had success with had really red zones, at least vs opposite handed pitching. And all of the star players that I've struggled using have cold zones, especially high and inside, where I do my damage. Almost a universal truth across the board. So for my play style, its something I need to pay extremely close attention to.