View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 07:07 AM   #2
Culture Rot
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Origins: 1989-90 Edition (PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdougswan
Go get a fresh high-top fade and pump up your Reeboks! After several months of work, I have finally shared my 1989-90 scenario on PS5. It can be found by searching my user ID bigdougswan8 on PS5. I do not have plans to make this available on any other console. Details are below:

-All 27 teams with accurate logos, uniforms, and courts. I created the '89-'90 uniforms for the 76ers, Bullets, Nets, Bucks, Pacers, Mavericks, Trail Blazers, Suns, SuperSonics, Clippers and Kings.

-Accurate rosters as of November 1, 1989. Each team includes a roster of 14 or 15 players. I did a statistical analysis of each player to generate accurate ratings and tendencies. Accessories and shoes are updated for accuracy (i.e. no generic 2K shoes, lots of short shorts).

-My personal favorite feature, accurate contracts! I have used a formula to determine the value of contracts based on the salary cap differential (the cap was only $9.8 million for the 1989-90 season vs. $109 million today). This means that the Hawks have been saddled with Jon Koncak's massive contract, and the Bulls have Pippen signed at a bargain.

-Dozens of real players in the free agency pool. These are mostly players who were in Europe at the time. Some, like George Gervin, are at the end of their career. Others, like Chris Childs, have gone undrafted and are fighting for a spot in the league. There are also a number of older veterans placed in the free agent pool for the purpose of having them retire and show up in the coach pool. This includes K.C. Jones, Paul Westphal, Dan Issel, Dave Cowens, and Bob Lanier.

-Full 1990 NBA Draft class complete with over 60 real players. This draft class has already been loaded into the scenario. The 1990 draft lasts 54 picks, so this allows for some undrafted free agents as well.

-True to life draft pick status, with a total of 37 picks having changed hands for the 1990-93 drafts. If you're looking for a headstart in your franchise, it may be fun to rebuild the Mavs as they have an aging team and 5 first round picks combined in the '90 and '91 drafts!

-Accurate re-brands for teams are available by searching user ID bigdougswan8. I continue to work on these, but as of right now I have uploaded 15+ accurate team re-brands that can be applied in the '90, '91, '92, '93, '94 and '95 seasons. These include the infamous "tie-dye" Nets jerseys and the Rockets "pajama" abomination. I will not create re-brands for something as minor as an updated logo on shorts or a small court change, but plan to eventually share everything you'll need to get through the 90s. Check them out!

-Maybe most importantly, I continue to plow through work on the remaining drafts of the 90s. I am working on getting appearances, ratings, tendencies, tattoos, and accessories as accurate as possible. There will also be players with some fun bust/gem possibilities in each draft. The most updated versions of the '90-'94 drafts will be shared under user ID bigdougswan.

I will continue to share updates on this thread as I complete more drafts and team re-brands for the 90s. Please let me know what you think!
What about when the servers go down? Won’t it reset everything and basically ruin any franchise started with this?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!