Old 05-17-2021, 06:49 PM   #8
lowpaiddonkey10
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 Update Available Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
I'm not a competitive player on this game but my opinion is 100% opposite. You should be penalized for hitting poor shots.

Now maybe they went a little too far but this to me makes the game more skill based. I have only played 2 rounds with the update and both on Masters level. My scores were horrible but no different than before the update when I also struggled on that level.

I guess if it has become too difficult on easier levels then I get the complaint. But if you can still score on beginner or pro then turn the level down?

I hate that everyone expects near perfect results. It should be hard at the competitive levels. I'm amazed by the scores some shoot.

Personally I shoot almost the same in real life as I do on Masters level (TGC settings) and it is a struggle. I have to work to break 80 at times. Feels like real golf to me.

If I want to compete in career mode I need to lower difficulty to pro. But that is one of the positives about the game us all the difficulty levels and assist options you have.
I switched from Pro to Master a few months back. Pro I was shooting mid 60's Master around par. I think Master is a decent difficulty level.