View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 04:57 PM   #5
Granbyroll
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Continued Updates vs Overall Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
Though they've managed to update EAUFC3 significantly, I'm more a fan for keeping your product intact. Fix the bugs (ffs), maybe add some content (paid DLC or not), actualize it. But don't change things too much.

Any damage to your audience has most likely been done at release. You're better off to release a new game the next year, unless your release what a nightmare (which, in the case of EAUFC, has never happened imho). Plus you alienate people who tried your game through the demo and bought it based entirely on that trial.

I once gave the - albeit ridiculous - example of Waterson's hair being changed. Its significance might be very limited, but that's what I'm talking about: don't change existing content. Yes, this qualifies as actualization, but I'm talking about the end result: a hair piece being deleted from the game files. This should be a no-go for devs. It's the same thing as maps being removed from shooters. It's the principle.
Hair peices dont mean anything to me if the gameplay is lacking in critical areas. They took a whole position away(double unders) rather have that then hair
Advertisements - Register to remove