View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 06:38 PM   #2
JazzMan
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Western Conference Playoffs - 2nd Round Discussion Thread

My gut says Clippers in 7. My heart says Jazz in 6 - The biggest thing here is Mike Conley's injury. If he's not able to go in Game 1 it's going to be a Jazz loss right away IMO. He's looked great already against Memphis but that last game he tweaked his hammy, could be out for Game 1; and even if he's playing he surely won't be 100%

Kawhi should be able to carry this momentum over into this series, I think he's going to will them to a win in Game 1 and punch us in the mouth like the Memphis series. Then Mitchell gets it going in Games 2 and 3, and George struggles a bit while Kawhi and a few others look solid but aren't enough.

Then PG comes back strong the rest of the series and they split games until Game 7. If the Jazz win it's going to be from Gobert dominating inside if the Clippers keep going small. Their biggest guy on the floor all series was Zubac, and he was benched in favor of Nic Batum against Boban and KP. Gobert is going to have to take advantage offensively, and I do think he will. But our defensive rotations are gonna have to be on point, because we know Gobert is gonna be patrolling the paint regardless of who they have at the 5, and our guys play real aggressive at the 3PT line so if Kawhi and PG can get the drive and kick out down it could get ugly for us defensively

Should be a really, really good series IMO

Then I'd say Nuggets in 7. I just think Jokic is too good. He has that offense humming right now, but most importantly is how healthy is CP3 right now with that shoulder. Plus these deep runs have never been kind to him injury-wise, I hope he doesn't get injured but at this point I'm expecting him to keep getting banged up the more the Suns go on. Devin Booker is going to have a ridiculous series though, and he's going to straight-up win them some games on his own. Think about what Mitchell and Dame did to the Nuggets in the Playoffs, and then think of what Devin Booker is going to do lol. Gonna be another fun series, I can see it going either way

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

Last edited by JazzMan; 06-06-2021 at 06:50 PM.