View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 04:17 PM   #3
jdb7623
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Questiona about CPU, franchise , and sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'll try my best and some of this is educated guess instead of rock solid knowledge.

1 - I don't use sliders. I use default. I do know once a pitcher's stamina gets to around 25% he begins to have his attributes decline and it gets progressively lower. That's why the cpu pulls their starting pitchers and good to keep in mind for your own starting pitchers. Stamina rating determines how fast a pitcher loses energy during a game. My rule of thumb is 80 stamina for a pitcher to comfortably get through 6 innings - but that depends on how many pitches he throws.

2 - Prior to the game you can see the energy bar for each player. Durability rating determines how much energy they lose in a game and how often they need a day off. For starting pitchers I use a 5 man rotation. For relief pitchers I don't use them more than 2 days in a row.

3 - I believe they may have tweaked progression for this year's game. Performance plays a role as does age and potential. I don't think anybody but the developers knows the exact formula. At one time it was highly predictable but for the past few years it has not been as predictable.

4 - https://www.operationsports.com/take...b-the-show-19/

5- There is a pitcher confidence switch than can be turned on or off in the settings. I'm not sure the switch to turn it off works because if you turn it off the confidence bar still changes during the game. I have long guessed batters have some sort of a confidence bar during games but there is nothing visible in that regard. Prior to a game you can see whether a player is slumping or streaking by an icon next to their name but I can't say whether or not that impacts attributes during a game.
Thank you sir.

Regarding #2. Where do I see the energy? Is it visible before you start a game so you can plan your lineup and starting pitching?