Old 06-21-2021, 11:03 PM   #75
ExarKub00720
Rookie

ExarKub00720's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OBPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
You literally quoted where you stated "Slugging isn't a percentage, it's a weighted average" Then claim you never called it that.

This is exactly the point I was making. Slugging percentage/average is an unweighted average. Total bases is a non weighted number. Just because you need to use a formula to find that number (when the number isn't given) and that formula is similar to a weighted formula, doesnt make the result a "weighted result"
Again my quote was about me talking about the math formulas which is state over and over and over and over and over and over again. I was not referencing the term as anything to how to use slugging but simply the name of the type of formula used to solve it.

You then assumed I meant that as slugging has weight which wasn’t at all what I was referenced. Baseball has so many mislabeled terms. If you recall you kept insisting slugging was a percentage until you finally admitted it’s closer to an average.

I am not sure how though the name of that math formula type causes such a big fuss when everyone agrees that how you get bases doesn’t matter in terms of how you use the formulas. It’s just s name, things have names doesn’t change how you interrupt the math. It could have been called the death formula wouldn’t meant a single thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove