View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 11:22 PM   #76
ktd1976
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: OBPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExarKub00720
Again my quote was about me talking about the math formulas which is state over and over and over and over and over and over again. I was not referencing the term as anything to how to use slugging but simply the name of the type of formula used to solve it.

You then assumed I meant that as slugging has weight which wasn’t at all what I was referenced. Baseball has so many mislabeled terms. If you recall you kept insisting slugging was a percentage until you finally admitted it’s closer to an average.

I am not sure how though the name of that math formula type causes such a big fuss when everyone agrees that how you get bases doesn’t matter in terms of how you use the formulas. It’s just s name, things have names doesn’t change how you interrupt the math. It could have been called the death formula wouldn’t meant a single thing.
This was your exact quote.

"Slugging isn’t a percentage though, it’s a weighted average. It does measure the chance someone might hit for XBH but the math to get the slugging is not how you get percentages but instead weighted averages."

That first sentence, you CLEARLY state that slugging isn't a percentage, it is a weighted average.

Now, you are trying to back track, by saying you never called it that, even though you clearly did.