Old 06-22-2021, 06:53 PM   #6
PVarck31
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: A Bright Idea For 2K Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
You would think, but most people don’t want to create and customize rosters, they want an out of the box roster and be able to plug and play right away, while some will immensely enjoy it and get the most out of it, many won’t.

King Javo released an APF Editor for APF 2K8 which basically gives you unlimited customization and gives you the ability to create any type of league you want, basically giving the game many people are asking for from 2K and most people on discord want a complete updated 2021 NFL roster and expect others to provide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I was basically gonna say this. You're absolutely right.

I'm not putting down your idea, OP. It's just that it won't sell. We've seen it before. If 2K was confident it would sell they would have done this a long time ago.

After APF they knew they couldn't compete. We here who want these types of games are the minority. Madden is a cultural phenomenon, it has been part of the worlds zeitgeist forever. Most Madden sales come from casual gamers not hard core football guys/gals.

I don't know the exact numbers, but after APF was released, it took two weeks on the shelves to hit 75,000 units sold. While NCAA 08, which released at about the same time, sold into the millions over a short span. And that game was terrible.