Old 06-23-2021, 11:56 AM   #5
Pokes404
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Ps2 ncaa game people. Tell me your truths as to how you may clean a disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke
If you feel the need to move thread as a generality. Go ahead I guess.
But I thought I would get more action here because it's all about ps2 ncaa love. And I'm not sure how busy site is in general anymore.

But what's the truth about cleaning a disc? Have you done it? How? What works?
Does simple water with maybe a soft t shirt help?
Don't go in circles but wipe down from center?
I have a ps2 slim. It seems sometimes I have to restart game a couple times and it loads.. it there are other times same game won't load the next night after a few attempts. As long as it's smudges and not scratches there's still hope?

If you happen to have a Family Video, or some sort of rental store nearby, they'll put a disc through their cleaner. Sometimes for a small charge, but a lot of times for free. I brought an old game to them that was scratched to Hell, just as a last resort. I couldn't believe how much their machine was able to clean and polish the disc. It almost looked brand new.

But since rental stores have pretty much all disappeared, I'm guessing that isn't an option for you. So you might try Gamestop, or some sort of used game store. They would probably clean the disc for you, or at the very least, they'll probably tell you what machine/method they use to clean used discs they obtain.
Advertisements - Register to remove