Old 07-02-2021, 09:32 PM   #3
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Backbreaker Retrospective - Tackle Alley Was Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldog39
Backbreaker was too ahead of it's time. Just sucked how it was always a zoomed in camera and not having a "Madden" camera option. The tackles will always be better than Madden will ever have*
I wouldn't have enjoyed this particular game as much if they always just had a "Madden" camera option, personally. I mean if they decided to sell their tech to someone like 2K at the time, I would've been all for it. For this game though, the novelty is all about the very first trailer for this that we saw, and I'm so glad we always had that camera as the one to live with. It was different and may have turned others away, but that and the Euphoria physics engine were what sold me on it personally.

I really wanted a proper Backbreaker sequel. What I'd take now is for a good PS3 emulator to be able to run this game in full on PC, though. The PS3 version had low resolution and framerate, and felt somewhat unresponsive. These wouldn't fix inherent problems with the game (and perhaps couldn't even provide us the Greathouse #3 update), but that would be a sweet alternative.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60