Old 07-04-2021, 09:03 AM   #8
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2021 NBA Finals: (2)Phoenix Suns vs (3)Milwaukee Bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Alright let’s get this out the way now cause I’m gonna bring this up a lot during the course of these Finals. Sooner or later the NBA is gonna have to listen to this very important issue and take action for the health of the league.

Spoiler
Yes, yes, and yes. I love me some pomp & circumstance.

At some point I caught wind of a player saying those surfaces could be slippery, which probably led to their demise. First off, players had been playing on these surfaces for decades with little to no discernable issue. Second, it's not terribly difficult to imagine a company finding a way to make these decals while allowing for adequate traction if that really were an issue.

Third of all, seeing the NBA even pass over a superimposed "NBA Playoffs" decal in favor of an on-court Kia logo that just looks like "KN" is the worst. I've accepted advertising in sports all my life (I still remember Marlboro advertised on the in-arena scoreboard) but it sucks to feel it creep even further. It's like a virus, coming for the jerseys and now slowly infecting the field of play.

I like when the playoffs and finals feel as special as possible. That includes on-court art, jersey decals, and whatever else comes to mind.

Pistons bias aside, I always thought this was a rad idea too.