Old 07-10-2021, 06:56 PM   #4
Playmakers
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Next Gen Stats: Is it capable of taking Madden to the Next Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I will say the next gen stats movement alone has taken this game to a new level. I know comp people do not like it, but sim gamers, I kid you not when I say it is that good. Of course my opinion, but movement itself is to the next level, the rest has to catch up of course.
So, I saw a video that shows Next Gen Stats for QB's doing gameplay.

In one video it had Justin Herbert with the following stats:

Last Season Deep Passing

Deep Pass QBR 104.7
Deep Pass Att Freq 10.3%
Deep Pass Completion Rate 37.7%

What I would like to know is since Herbert had a 10.3% deep pass Attempt Frequency would those percentages translate over to his in game playing style?

Is Herbert based on Next Gen Stats going to take deep shots when I play the Chargers roughly 10% of the time.

I've read up on Next Gen Stats and how it impacts player movement but I haven't seen EA really talk about how the Next Gen Stats will translate to their player tendencies on the field.

I'd like to see those types of numbers play out for Herbert when I'm playing the Chargers and not have him dump off every pass short to drive up completion % doing gameplay.

I'm hoping that these next gen stats aren't just something we see pop up doing games just for presentation alone. I want them to greatly impact or be a driving force as to how the actual player will perform on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14