Old 07-10-2021, 08:03 PM   #5
TheBleedingRed21
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Next Gen Stats: Is it capable of taking Madden to the Next Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
So, I saw a video that shows Next Gen Stats for QB's doing gameplay.

In one video it had Justin Herbert with the following stats:

Last Season Deep Passing

Deep Pass QBR 104.7
Deep Pass Att Freq 10.3%
Deep Pass Completion Rate 37.7%

What I would like to know is since Herbert had a 10.3% deep pass Attempt Frequency would those percentages translate over to his in game playing style?

Is Herbert based on Next Gen Stats going to take deep shots when I play the Chargers roughly 10% of the time.

I've read up on Next Gen Stats and how it impacts player movement but I haven't seen EA really talk about how the Next Gen Stats will translate to their player tendencies on the field.

I'd like to see those types of numbers play out for Herbert when I'm playing the Chargers and not have him dump off every pass short to drive up completion % doing gameplay.

I'm hoping that these next gen stats aren't just something we see pop up doing games just for presentation alone. I want them to greatly impact or be a driving force as to how the actual player will perform on the field.
Go read the gridiron notes if you get a chance, it covers this. Yes, their tendency will be based on next gen stats and will even change through live player updates through the real nfl season in play now and other modes that are live roster based. Franchise mode will update based on how their playing in your seasons.

Not sure if you played the beta but I’ve posted examples earlier in other threads of this actually working through what they call Star Driven AI. Not only do players behave as you would expect, teams do. Ravens will be run heavy finally where a team like the Bills will be more pass heavy. It’s much improved.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 07-10-2021 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove