View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 04:21 PM   #8
brandon27
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages

If I'm not mistaken the deluxe edition is available to play today. I thought I saw somewhere at 8pm? I tried earlier today and it still said I was too early. Hoping to get a few laps in tonight and try out the new handling mode. I 110% agree that it's gotten a bit stale over the years, but that's not a bad thing to say because it's been so good. It will be nice to have a fresh bit of challenge on the track now to get used to it again. Hopefully it still plays well with a pad; that's been one of the best parts of this series IMO. It's always played well on a regular XB controller. Hopefully that's still the case.

Thanks for the review. I was worried about that issue with Braking Point. I don't see it as something most of the long time fans of the series will play. Personally I don't think it was even needed and I think those resources should have been spent on expanding on My Team mode & getting the tracks/schedule right for this year. Not an easy task with the constant changes, but part of me wonders if this mode wasn't here how many other great things could have been done to the core experience rather than creating a scripted story mode.

Good review, looking forward to spending some time with it ASAP.