Old 07-16-2021, 10:34 AM   #6
TarHeelPhenom
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Getting back to the Maddens of old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
Why do you think old Maddens, particularly 04-08 on ps2/xbox are overall better than today's? I'm playing 07 and the AI is so much smarter. The developers should really take a hard look at those games and see just how real they play. For example, the 1st half is coming to an end. The computer has the ball in my territory. I have no timeouts. They take the clock down to like 2 seconds knowing I can't stop it. It's those type of little things that make them superior in my opinion. I understand we live in a very different society, but that doesn't mean the focus has to be just as different.

It's probably too late to make changes to this year's game. But I implore the folks at EA Sports to use those games as models and begin to migrate some of their aspects into Madden 23 and beyond. There is no excuse why they can't. If hardware wasn't an issue then, it shouldn't be today. But I am sure the powers that be won't allow that to happen. However, It does seem the developers have started to listen to the community for this year's game. Hopefully they will continue to do so and maybe, just maybe we finally get a game that plays more like yesterday's rather than just looking like today's.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I just play Madden 07 Franchise Mode as recently as 3 weeks ago and had a blast. I think what made it so good was how deep the game was. The Franchise Mode was ridiculously deep with being able to go in and set each teams gameplay, putting percentage amounts on how much PT you wanted your first string to have vs second string. The player morale, the team/opponent weekly breakdowns. The emails, local and national newspapers and the Tony Bruno show just added immersion. The on the field play was good for it's time and the superstars played like superstars. The college all-star game. Add to that Owner Mode where you could set ticket and concession prices and do forth and that game was jammed packed. I started a franchise and got to week 2 when I stopped because well....

I bought a Next Gen console lol. All of my attention has been there. But anytime I want to experience nostalgia and a really deep franchise experience I can always go back and pick up where I left off.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 07-16-2021 at 12:24 PM.