View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 09:23 AM   #1
Gagnon39
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Salary/Point Cap Leagues

I’m not really that much into Diamond Dynasty but the last few years I’ve at least dabbled in the mode and I can see how it would be fun. I played about 30 games this year and almost got into Championship Series before I quit playing. As I was playing I realized the thing I think I hate the most about Diamond Dynasty which is how, eventually everyone has all Diamond, 90+ players at every single position. Starting lineup, bench guys, starters, relievers… diamonds everywhere. While some people might like this, I find it not very fun to constantly play superstar squad vs superstar squad. What’s worse is that seemingly every player has a Diamond card so you can basically have any player with a 90-99 rating. A Wander Franco Diamond, yep, a Kyle Schwarber Diamond? Yep, because he’s a had some good months. It’s just dumb to me.

I’d love to see two modes in DD, one that has no points cap and another where each team is only allowed so many total (ratings) points for all their players. Sort of like a, “salary cap,” and yea, I know that’s not how baseball works, but let’s be real, no ones playing Diamond Dynasty for realism’s sake. I mean, there’s players that have been dead on the game for many decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove