View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 06:11 AM   #1
ILLSmak
MVP

OVR: 10
(Yet Another) Interior Contest Suggestion

So I’m thinking a cruise ship…

Nah, but slightly unrelatedly I feel I have mastered the rebounding game and it might be the one part of interior play that is deep anymore. Bigs just stand and body you, catch oops, contacts, super stale… so, how do we make contesting inside take skill?

I don’t know if they abandoned the pro stick shooting , but imagine pro stick interior contests. It makes sense when you think about it. You choose your defense type like bump, jump, hands up stone wall etc by beginning as you would a lay up and pressing rs in a direction. The success of the contest is based on the same yellow bar (size depending on ratings, location based on the shot type so iq and awareness can help too) and outside of the yellow is basically always a foul.

Green would be a block or smother, a double clutch or long reverse might move and you’d have to keep it in line . It would simulate arm and hand movements that are actual contests opposed to this belief that not only standing there makes people miss but especially holding hands up and pushing into someone is the best possible defensive option.

Apologies if format is weird, not at keyboard.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove