View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 05:53 AM   #5
Hillmoe
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 22 Gameplay Improvements and Changes Detailed - New Gameplay Trailer

All in all, I believe this could be the one of the better fifas in recent years. Hopefully it will be better than the last era of fifa games (19,20,21).

I recently played a couple of games on all the demos from fifa 15 to fifa 20.. You could easily tell where the gameplay started rolling downhill (for me it was fifa 18). I played a game on world class on fifa 15, and I got wrecked.. The gameplay in fifa 15,16,17 might not be realistic, but it was a lot more challenging in my opinion.

If only EA could find it in themselves to please all the football loving gamers and give us the option to have a more realistic gameplay experience instead of all the E-sport driven gameplay. Like the post above me says, the gameplay in recent fifas does not reflect how a realistic football match is played.
And for me, the biggest flaw in the gameplay is that the midfielders does not seem to mark or track any opposing players. Even though their positioning is better than in fifa 21, I still think it's not good enough. They need to track back and at least try to position them between the goal and the attacking players.

This issue is what causes the unrealistic scorelines and defenses being overwhelmed by attacking players. It's just painful that this basic football understandig is totally ignored i favour of "1v1" high octane insane scoreline gameplay. At least give us the option to choose which type of gameplay experience we want.

I am excited about fifa 22 though. I think it could be the best since 17. But I must say that I am not as impressed with the gameplay as I hoped to be. But I guess i'll have to actually play it to judge it.
Advertisements - Register to remove