illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2021 Transaction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Lol I forgot all about this fake rumor
It always seem like a one-sided rumor. On Philly's side, if you can a Franchise QB who's just entering his prime at 26, you make that move. But with Watson no-trade clause, there never seemed like Watson would be interested in going to Philly. I do think Watson does get traded. Are they going to really not have him dress him all year. It does seem like a Dolphins deal waiting to happen since they do have the draft capital. I do think they would want pick protection because of legal issues. Watson should be able to get through the season since the trials wouldn't happen until February.

I think the Eagles goal is to develop the young players this year and see if Jalen Hurts could be the Franchise QB. Hurts has the intangibles and the teams seems to rally around him. The best situation would be for him to be the guy because they could use those potential three 1sts(if Wentz stays healthy) on 3 guys or trade up for someone like the Oregon DE or Stingley. If he isn't the guy, then I seem them ending with a top 10 pick a pairing that with the other two so they could move up for one of the top 2 rookie QBs. I only seem them trading for a veteran QB is if the surrounding talent develops and they think they can be a legit playoff team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Jaguars send Gardner Minshew to Philly for a conditional 6th round pick.
I like the move. Mullens was at best a Practice Squad QB the way he played this preseason. Minshew is definitely an upgrade and potentially better scheme fit behind Hurts than Flacco. I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco gets flipped a later date for a QB-needy team if there is an injury. They can get that 6th round pick back if they trade someone like Flacco, Dillard, or a potential roster cut trade.