View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 06:04 PM   #6
Dagan
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Franchise Mode: Improvements Are Only a Step in the Right Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
One thing that unfortunately has not changed within franchise mode is the way that you will periodically be presented with opportunities to upgrade the dev traits of a player, meaning that you can take a player who currently develops at one rate (star, for example) and then get them to develop at a better rate (superstar, for example) so they can then become a better player faster. The way that you achieve this upgrade is by accomplishing some sort of statistical goal in a game, which has always seemed counterintuitive to how improvement actually happens in real life in my opinion.

Exactly how I feel on the issue.* Great write up overall and fair judgment of highlighting the positives while pointing out areas where they fall short.
Agreed. I would expect such a thing affects more how the player suddenly wants to be a diva, hold out for a contract negotiation, pull an A A Ron, etc. haha. Player ability increases might should be half goal related but more so in the context of this fatigue system they are trying to implement. As in, if a player can do more in expected lesser than scenarios - say you have the worst O line in the league, but you are a RB that's still tearing it up - that warrants leveling up or the gamer version of being a breakout player..?