Old 08-31-2021, 07:15 AM   #6
kinsmen7
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Most homeruns hit/given up in a single game

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Oh Countryboy! That scares me! I am about to take on the Brew Crew for the first time in my Braves franchise for current year. Their Team BA is .253 and ERA is 3.04. But I have the best Team ERA 2.69. I am hoping for some pitching duels. That is The Show for you, we can get some "lemons" at times.
Yeah, I just played a series in year 2 against the Red Sox, who are sitting a distant 4th in the AL East, with my Jays, who are 1st and have locked up the division with a couple of weeks left.

My team ERA is 2nd in the Majors (Dodgers are number 1, but not by much), and the Red Sox are 28th. I figured "Oh hey, super bad team this year...they've moved JD Martinez, this should be an easy 4 game sweep...

Not so much. I did end up sweeping, but it was only because the Red Sox horrible bullpen couldn't close out any games against my dominant Jays. They did however shred my starters apart, scoring 25 runs over 4 games, after I had allowed 10 over the past 5.

Hot hitting teams are scary.

To answer CB's question though- Most I've hit is 8, and given up 7. In the same game it was probably close to a combined 13 or 14 though...I remember playing at Yankee stadium with the wind blowing out and it being an absolute slugfest of solo bombs.