View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 12:29 PM   #3
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why are free agents still vanishing after years of it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
This is called the DeleteExcessFreeAgents() function, it happens when simming from preseason week 4 to week 1. On PC we can manually decide how many free agents per position the game keeps, the issue is that if you have the value too high the file can end up getting corrupted in later years. This is because the Player table, which stores data for all of the players in the franchise, goes up to 3961, so if the total amount of players goes above that it explodes.
tldr; Bad coding. Just make sure you've got everything you want set before going to the Regular Season.
If PC was next gen, and the Franchise Editor worked on it, I would be fully capable of loving the game. Yeah, I wish I could edit uniforms, tattoos, game play and such, but the Franchise Editor gives you so much control. I even fixed the early sunsets on West Coast games by just shifting every game down in time. (Well, every game that would affect mine, including games that played earlier in the day, so I'd see completed scores like I'm supposed to. The only flaw was the kickoff times were off, but that's an acceptable trade).
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.