Old 09-07-2021, 06:08 PM   #2
vannwolfhawk
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA2K release too early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Does anyone else feel like the past few years 2K releases NBA2K a little to early. Didn't even realize the game is already coming out this Friday. NBA preseason doesn't start till OCT 3rd, regular season isn't until Oct 19th I believe. It seems like there are not alot of gameplay videos released so far. Reading through comments about the little we have seen so far that some people feel like the gameplay, graphics possibly won't be much improved from 2K21. Which will be very disappointing to us who have Next Gen systems. I would have love for them to release the game during the preseason or the week of regular season to give the devs more time for development or fixes, instead of a bunch of patches out the gate.

Maybe it's just me but I miss years ago when the game use to be release right before the season starts. It kind of got you pumped for the real NBA and NBA2K.
As far as development purposes especially this year on a short cycle from last year with the late next gen release, yes probably too early. That’s an extra month to a month and a half of development time. But I’d say they possibly still are adding in that month to a patch down the road anyways so not sure if that’s a big difference or not?

However, as a guy who likes to edit rosters and playbooks I absolutely love the extra time to get the game dialed in before a season officially starts though. The only bad part is not being in the know with current seasons play styles with plays and playbooks with néw coaches until the season starts.

But roster makers can have rosters ready by the start of the season for offline guys rather than waiting til January so that’s a major plus IMO…

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 09-07-2021 at 06:16 PM.