Old 09-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #2
TheButter
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Coach mode on the PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1903
I’m hoping to get input from anyone that plays Madden in coach mode on the PC. A few questions:

1) How does coach mode work on the PC vs console. For example, do you still have to control a defensive player and the kicker/punter like on the consoles?

2) Does coach mode on the PC play a realistic game of football vs consoles? For example, do the QBs scramble for both the user and cpu? Does the cpu ai play a realistic game of football in terms of play calling and time management, are penalties called, etc?

3) Which version is better for coach mode and what mods do you use?

I’ve seen several suggestions on using HC 06 or 09, but I'm not so interested in controlling all the minutia that happens during the week as I am in having a good game simulating real football.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
There's a mod for Madden 20(?) on here that enables realism for QB scrambling and things like that. For the most part it's just Madden CPU AI, not really football AI but there hasn't been a game with football AI made at the moment.

You still need to control a player on defense.

Maddens CPU playcalling and management AI are generalized to simulate real stats. So no, not realistic. Punts on 4th and inches and things of that nature.

NFL Head Coach 09 has all the things you've asked for though on the other hand. I know you said you weren't interested in the day to day HC work, but only 06 had the tedious practices. 09 just has 3 menus that pop up weekly and you choose which practices your team simulates. (Focus on stooping the run, master specific plays, gameplay against certain players or pass vs run game, etc.) The "week" takes about 2-5mins depending on if there's someone who wants to negotiate their contract.

For coach mode, HC09 deebo's Madden every time. The graphics arent as good, sometimes people think the AI is broken because of the complexity of it, and there's some straight up mishaps like Madden has (not on the same level though).

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.

Last edited by TheButter; 09-08-2021 at 04:21 PM.