View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 06:56 AM   #8
NYJin2011tm
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: To my MyLeague guys: does this new MyStaff stuff really make a difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitszoltan
you do have to have some balance, I didn't realize there was more than 17 available positions, so I hired all assistant coaches and scouts and had no room for training staff. So I reshuffled and hired all the medical staff and ran a sim. Ironically, Russell Westbrook injured his right knee like 5 times in one season, but even when the game said he was out 4-6 weeks he would come back in 2 sometimes, so injury recovery was faster.

It wasn't a deep dive, I just hired the first staff member I could find for each role, but anecdotally from that it seems there is some effect. I do know that coaching HAS had an effect for years in 2k (an A+/A+ coached team plays better than an F/F coach) so I think MyStaff will work, I just hope it's not overpowered. But again, you have to choose where to allocate your resources at least.

Off topic, but the G League needs to be fixed asap. way too many highly rated generic players right off the bat
Yea that’s why I turned auto save off and manually saved before I started hiring staff. Messed up a few times like you and didn’t realize the limit. But I ended up hiring asst gm, cfo, all player coaches, 1 domestic scout, 1 foreign scout, strength coach, stamina coach. I was happy with that.