View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 07:22 AM   #1
alabamarob
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Unrealistic Shot Contests

Two of 2k21’s biggest problems were defensive rotations and help defense. Czar has done a great job with defensive rotations, and help defense this year and you can’t just parade to the rim. I thought that the shot contest system from last year was solid.

This year the shot contest system is not solid, and it is unrealistic. Defense was not good last year, and they turned up every aspect of defense for 2k22. So I understand why we are having these types of contests. The rotations and help defense are excellent, but they made the CPU on ball defense and shot contest to much.

I don’t mind Johnathon Issac or Scottie Pippen getting around screens, and instant contestsing to show the difference between a good and bad defender. However, the instant contests from 6 or 7 feet away from every defender is to much. We should be able to tell the difference between good and bad defenders just like last year.

2k needs to tweak this to open up jumpers. The CPU is already going under most screens, and playing sticky on ball defense. There is no reason to make a high percentage of shots contested off of the pick and roll when the defender is going under.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 09-11-2021 at 07:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove