View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 01:18 PM   #5
jcblayze
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 22 Full 450 Man 2022 Draft Class Out Now! (PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I think I used your draft classes for my cloud Franchise last year, actually. I recognize that PSN ID, lol.

Question for you: when rating the draft class players, do you consider how the rookie player population compares to how Madden ratings adjustors (as they call themselves) typically rate incoming rookies, and/or how much talent the in-game draft class generator typically produces? In the past when I've used custom draft classes I've found that the authors are a bit generous with player ratings (especially the Speed rating with running backs, wide receivers, and cornerbacks), which results in accelerated league OVR inflation down the line.
The default ratings are wayyyyy overblown. You have a ton of guys in the UDFA pool with 70+ ratings. If you look at history, only a handful of non round one guys end up ever being all that productive long term.

https://sportsgamingrosters.com/2021...ookie-ratings/

I created the above spreadsheet/chart and try to base mine off that. I mean, it will never be perfect but I think rookies slide right into where they would be in real life. Meaning most first rounders are starters, second rounders are backups, and the rest of the guys are just fighting for non special teams roles. You don't see any highly rated late round guys in that page I posted above, so I don't deviate from that too much.

Anyways, if you check mine out please let me know what you find out. I'm always down for suggestions and feedback. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove