Old 09-17-2021, 08:37 PM   #7
mWolfe
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 07 Gamecube 2021 rosters ported from Rogerjinx on footballidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
This would be the simplest way, yes please.
Let me lay out a rough outline of the process, then I think I've figured out some of the weird stuff with players disappearing.
You need:

Madden Xtreme DB editor

https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/...155945a6a15e41

A roster (or franchise I think) in gci format (from dolphin)

A hex editor

1. Get a madden 08 pc roster (like rogers i linked to above)
2. Open the file in the xtreme db editor and save the PLAY table as a csv.
3. Make required changes to the csv: Reduce the number of total players by reducing the FA pool carefully (I just now found out all gamecube rosters saves are 31 8kb blocks which is why the PLAY table has a max for 2048 records - even though xtreme db editor can grow the table dolphin says it cant open the save file at all and the game doesn't even see it on the card). Change player portraits to cartoons (PSXP->0) change player role 1 and 2 to 45 i think for no role. Scale all salary related values down (2021 salary is 180 and back in 06 it was like 102?)
4. Take your gci file and open it in a hex editor. Find the ascii text for 'DB' (note some text after this is reversed, this is an endian-ness issue and the key to opening gc saves -xtreme db editor seems to handle it as does madden 12 roster editor). So anyway take everything including 'DB' to the end of the *data section* (right before all 0s) and save it as a new file.
5. open this new file in xtreme db editor and import the play table from step #3.
6. save in xtreme db editor
7. in your hex editor replace everything *you copied* with the contents of your file new saved from step 5.
8. open the new save in dolphin and re-order all depth charts.
9. profit?
---
Notes: Players are disappearing as madden 12 roster editor was what i used prior. And it was cutting off entries past 2000... so random players just weren't making it to the roster. I am confident we can push this limit to 2048 actually but it may be worth sticking closer to 2000? I am open to any and all help and i'm super tired so i'm sorry about this not making enough sense. Will try to clean up the post tomorrow. Edit: In this article i found where the number of blocks are stored in a gc save: http://www.surugi.com/projects/gcifaq.html. But upon modifying the value from hex 1F (31) to hex 29 (what i needed for a test file), the game still wouldn't read the too-big file . But this only impacts having a huge play table. We can still make this work with less players.
For Madden 08 and above 45 is default no role, in Madden 07 31 is default no role. I have most of that saved on a spread sheet in excel format.

I don't worry about depth charts anymore as I edited my Madden 07 PC games game data in the DB_Templates and made it to where only the specific players go to their respected positions. So no more TE as FB's which is great as I don't have to worry about that.

I have the roster files for Madden 07 and 08 you can download and look at to see the difference.
Like you I use a hex editor and xtreme db, but I also use NZA Madden Editor for Madden 06 07 and his V2 for Madden 08.

I make a copy of the file I edit so I have the unedited hex version and the hexed version with either .fra(franchise) or .ros(roster) at the end of it so I can open it in NZA editor and edit it even further.

I also edit the Stats files which are PSDE, PSKI, PSKP, PSNG, PSOF, PCDE, PCKI, PCKP, PCNG, PCOF, PCOL which I export and delete all the info on it save it and import it back in so that the stats don't show on a player it doesn't belong to.

You can also add stadiums you created to another Madden save by using the STAD file in Madden extreme DB.

Also I have almost every attribute in the Madden roster named to what it is, I am only missing like 6 or 7.

You have the basics of it down if you need help just let me know. I'm becoming a little addicted to modding this game. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Madden 07.jpg (128.4 KB, 579 views)

Last edited by mWolfe; 09-17-2021 at 08:57 PM.