Old 09-21-2021, 10:00 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA 22 Adds Exclusive Partnership With Serie A, Plus Other License Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Now I know we are missing four real names in the Italian league, but here is what they have used & how it links to the real clubs. It doesn’t make up for them but once you know how the name links to the team it makes it better than just thinking why have they used that name.

Okay this one doesn’t have a meaning, FC Rome just sounds like Roma in a slightly bad English translation but it’s obvious who they are [emoji38]

Atalanta’s full real name is Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio, so again I can live with Bergamo Calcio and it’s where the club is also based. Also if you want, you could say Atalanta has closed due to financial reasons & they have re-established the original club before Atalanta was invented FC Bergamo. They were established in 1904, three years before Atalanta was.

Piemonte Calcio, I know Piemonte/Piedmont is the area of which Turin is the capital & they are from, plus I’m actually now used to the name & still refer to them as Juve.

As for SS Lazio, now I know Latium is the area that Rome sits in & the Italian word for Latium is Lazio so I can see why they used it, but they could have used Società Sportiva, which is what the SS stands for instead.

Now I would prefer the correct names & hopefully the four teams will come back in future games, but for now at least you have an understanding as to why these clubs are called what they are called. Apart from FC Rome which was clearly a staff meeting at 5pm on a Friday & they were all going to pub but couldn’t until they found a new name for AS Roma [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Good post and I enjoyed the history lesson (for real!) but I don't think anyone has an issue with the actual names EA used, it's more so the fact that you can't really have an "official license" if 4-5 clubs are generic with NO way to edit them on consoles.

I don't think there's enough hell being raised by the FIFA community about the need for a PES-like Edit Mode. I'm no lawyer but I don't think there's a legal argument to be had about why we can't change kits, rename teams, etc... if PES was doing it all these years with no legal blowback.

Strange times indeed!