Old 09-21-2021, 07:07 PM   #8
davidmcain
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Team Building and Playbooks - Giants Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
This is super fun, nerdy stuff!

I love the idea of making a custom PB uniquely suited to your roster.

Does M22 still have that issue where creating a custom playbook jumbles the order of your formations?

I had held off on using customs for years due to that but haven't messed around with them this year to see if the layout issues have been solved.

I totally agree with your assessment of the Giants' roster. I really like Shepard, Engram, and Barkley as underneath options in the passing attack, and I love the idea of building a PB that uses Jones's mobility to maximum effect. There are some sprint out plays in the passing game that can leverage that ability, in addition to the read option plays in the run game.

Looking forward to hearing how this pans out!
Thanks for your words. I don't normally go this deep into my saves, but it's a good way to really feel invested in what you're doing.

I'm going to write a Part Two shortly as well, but after playing a couple of games with the Falcons Playbook, I have a little plan in place for this season.

- Firstly, I'm going to remove a few of the dead plays I'll never use, and then add a handful of Option plays and RPO's so we can maximise Jones' ball running a little better. I think by default, there's a QB sneak in there, and that's it. I'll probably take the time to rate the plays so they come up as suggestions in certain situations.

- In the offseason, I'll build a book from scratch. I'm not too experienced at building them, but saw a good video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeqOF6QXDFk&t=26s) which outlines best process for doing it. The Madden School website has a playbook search function where you can see all the Formations in the game, and i've listed the ones I want (see below) - ended up with 30. Just need to spend some time selecting my Audibles and rating the plays.

829C3784-287D-49F3-9F03-59F1EA3F63FD_1_201_a.jpeg