View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 04:11 PM   #1
alabamarob
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Best the shot stick has ever been. Excellent work by 2k

2k22 has the greatest array of shots of any basketball game ever.

1. You can put arc on every shot. This greatly helps when shooting over taller defenders or driving to the paint. It is difficult to control sometimes, but putting high arc on shots is one of the best parts of the game to me. Especially now with all these blocks.

2. You can shoot the ball moving 8 different directions from a standing dribble. You can shoot North, Northwest, Northeast, East, West, Southeast, Southwest, and South. Although, the unrealistic speed of defensive closeouts, and contests really hurt this great part of the game. You can still from time to time pull off one of these 8 different shots from a standing dribble to create space. I wish they would either call more shooting fouls on reckless contests or slow down the speed of the defense, but that is another topic. There are also 2 additional step backs with the turbo button to bring this standing dribble total to 10 different shots.

3. Eurosteps, spins, and hop steps into floaters. These gathers all allow to finish with a layup or a floater. The floaters out of these gathers can throw off the defender or a shot blocker depending on the situation.

4. Acrobat/double clutch finishes. You can do these out of layups or floaters. They don’t go in often for me, but that is because I stink right now. These shots are useful to avoid shot blocks, and I have even drawn a foul out of one. Although, I think they should call way more fouls out of these double pump layups, since there is often contact. This could really make the foul numbers more realistic, and be a way to punish reckless big men flying into traffic to block shots. c

5. Triple threat standing fade aways. There are certain times during the process of a triple threat jab or step over that you can go into an semi fade animation. Think of a TMac or Kobe elevate and semi fade over a defender shot. I have not gotten good at doing this at all. But every so often with Gallo or Deandre Hunter I an able to jab step and semi fade into a lowly contested jump shot, if a smaller defender is guarding me.

I am sure that the button shooting can unleash all these shots also, (other then putting arc on the shot or branching out of a finish to a floater) but they really did an excellent job with the array of moves you can pull off with the right stick this year.

You really can spend a lot of time in freestyle just putting up different types of shots for fun.

Excellent job on this.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 09-27-2021 at 04:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove