View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 05:08 PM   #1
Detroit Tigers
MVP

OVR: 0
Presentation Isn't Just Bad, It's Infuriatingly Stupid

Let's break some of this down for a second.

First of all, like half of this presentation is from some weirdo crotch-shot fisheye angle that are not only eyesores but are frankly weird af. I had a mind to start screencapoing some of this garbage and complain loudly somewhere. Digital crotch all over my screen at weird extreme zoom fisheye angles. I understand it's just the defecation coming from their failed "beyond broadcast" replay angles but that needs to go too. Get rid of this garbage. Not kidding at all.

Second, let's talk about how timeouts, injuries and penalties all wipe any replay or further discussion of the previous play. The biggest plays of the damn game occur under these condition all the time, so roughly half (if not more) of the biggest plays of a game are met with a horrible "TIMEOUT TIMEOUT TIMEOUT" screenwipe (that's ugly af btw) and a panorama of the stadium. Biggest play of the game and there's no "presentation" for it at all. This happens multiple times per game, where IRL you'd be getting FOUR replays alongside elaborative analysis, Madden is flashing MADDEN 22 into your face and moving on to the next play. This happens way, way, way too much.

And what on earth even ARE these sideline cutscenes? I watch a fake coach talking up a DT and the QB (who's on the field, no idea why he's at the meeting) for seemingly no reason at all, just to get to my replay? Some of these are loooong as hell. Why are they there? Are they contextual at all? I just wanna see the replay.

I guess I'm saying somebody needs to tell someone that penalties, injuries, timeouts, and these no-context, inaccurate sideline cutscenes are destroying whatever presentation happens to be in here.
Advertisements - Register to remove