View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 09:22 PM   #6
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Help, I suck on Offense

I last played 2K on 2K20 and I, too, am completely awful at isolation on this game (on current gen, anyway).

I'm always worried people are going to think I'm out here just trying to play iso-arcade ball all game like NBA Street but really I just wish I was capable of experiencing real life iso-success with non-superstars from time to time.

I was able to experience way more simple iso success in NBA 2K20. Like, if a defender crowded Richard Hamilton from mid-range when Rip still had a dribble available, it felt like I might be able to hit that defender with a jab-and-go and find a pretty nice look.

In 2K22, the defense feels artificially super-powered, where they don't really respond very realistically to my input. The best iso-half-court success I've had has come on very low difficulty levels while using a flurry of pre-planned iso-combos. It feels like they're either locked on me tightly, bodying and literally pushing back my forays or they're getting shook like five feet in one direction. I'm not getting a lot of realistic feeling "skirt bys".

What's most frustrating is that others seem to be doing just fine with it. I come back every few days to give it another shot and see if I can get a better feel for it but I just end up frustrated again.

Edit: I'm going to give Smirkin's advice a shot.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-08-2021 at 10:26 PM.