View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 01:18 AM   #3
tarek
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 22 Review - Another Solid Entry in the Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
The three things that stop me from taking the plunge into DDS:PFS are;

1) The sim engine. Unfortunately I just dont trust that the engine either accurately depicts football or that my team makes much of a difference. I feel like its random. I will win 10 games when I have the worst team then feel like I have a good team and win 2 games.

2) While I can get NFL rosters, they are generally not very good. Granted its been a couple years but they were usually just Madden rosters converted which weren't great because theyre Madden rosters, everyone was rated 75-99 which isn't what you want to see in a Text Sim game. Need a wide range of ratings.

3) Financials. One of the biggest aspects of being an NFL GM is navigating the salary cap and that just wasn't possible. I am most curious with this one as they said its more realistic or can be setup properly this year but I'm curious to see how AI handles things. Will keep an eye out for youtube franchise series to see how well that is handled.
I'm similar. I've played the Wolverine College basketball game and really enjoyed that. But the football game seems like it lacks just a little bit of something that truly takes it to the next level. An older game like NFL Head Coach 09 is probably more polished still.