View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 06:32 PM   #1
Wbcfan
Rookie

OVR: 0
World Baseball Classic Roster MLB 20

I have just completed an major overhaul for my WBC roster for MLB 20 the Show. There are 28 countries with a US young stars roster and a rest of the world team with full 90 man Rosters to be used in franchise mode. Username: Skipdynamite86. These are the most accurate ratings i've ever had to rank each team. Each individual faces looks very accurate as well. (I spent way too long trying to create the perfect WBC roster).

Every MLB player has their latest SCEA rating. Every international or minor league postition player has their OOTP 20 ratings, which I set to relative to MLB in the settings. I also own a copy of Japanese pro spirits baseball and every player in the roster build from the NPB has their defense and speed ratings from Pro Spirits and their offensive ratings from OOTP 20, which again I set relative to MLB.

For pitchers, every MLB pitcher has their latest SCEA rating. I have a system, which weighs every minor league level, including the roookie leagues, every independent league level (which there are many), and every foreign baseball league. Stamina, velocity, pitch types, defense etc. are from ootp 20 and pro spirits to create the most accurate ratings ever. Each country has close to 90 players,which covers the MLB, AAA,AA and A rosters and I put the 40 best on the MLB 40 man rosters for each team. Certain teams have a lot of foreign players like Spain, Israel, Italy, Great Britain etc. that makes them a lot better than if they only had players actaully from the country.

The uniforms came out fantastic as well as I tried to create replicas or a combination of my favorite WBC uniforms for that country. I only wish they'd give us more than 2 uniform options. After speanding many months creating the perfect ratings, the teams ranked as follows: (with the MLB team you will need to overwrite in Franchise mode with your created country uniforms. THis makes the divisions very balanced..

1. USA (USA was number 1 across the board in overall rating, 1st in contact, 1st in power, 1st in pitching and 1st in defense. They are 5th in speed.) (Braves)

2. Dominican Republic (DR was the 2nd best team overall, 2nd in contact, 2nd in power, 2nd in pitching, 2nd in defense, and 4th in speed) (Rangers)

3. Venezuela (3rd best overall team, 4th in contact, 3rd in power, 5th in pitching, 4th in defense, 13th in speed. (Yankees)

4. US Young Stars (4th best team overall, 5th in contact, 7th in power, 4th in pitching, 5th in defense, 2nd in speed. (Could have possibly been rated even higher. If a top prospect has a high enough rating to be on the US top team 90 man roster, I added them to the top team.) (Reds)

5. Cuba (5th best team overall, 3rd in contact, 5th in power, 9th in pitching, 6th in defense, 7th in speed. (Their lineup is very good and they have some good bullpen arms inlcuding Iglesias and Chapman as well as a few more in Japan, but their starting pitching is weak. This team includes Cuban defectors (unlike their usual WBC team). (Diamondbacks)

6. Puerto Rico (6th best team overall, 6th in contact, 4th in power, 8th in pitching, 3rd in defense, 20th in speed. Solid lineup, lack of starting pitching depth holds them back a bit.) (Angels)

7. Japan (7th best team overall, 7th in contact, 8th in power, 3rd in pitching, 11th in defense, 3rd in speed. Team is made up of Japanese MLB players and top NPB players.) (Twins)

8. Canada (8th best team overall, 13th in contact, 9th in power, 7th in pitching, 7th in defense, 9th in speed.) (Nationals)

9. Mexico (9th best team overall, 8th in contact, 13th in power, 6th in pitching, 14th in defense, 22nd in speed.) (Cardinals)

10. South Korea (10th best team overall, 14th in contact, 10th in power, 10th in pitching, 15th in defense, 14th in Speed) Have a mix of Korean MLB players and former MLB players as well as top KBO players on the 40 man and former MLB players like Dae Ho Lee and Byung Ho Park on the 90 man, but they didn't make the cut for the 26 man roster. (Royals)

11. Italy (11th best team overall, 9th in Contact, 11th in Power, 14th in pitching, 16th in defense, 28th in speed. Their 11th overall rating is due the high number of Italian-Americans on their roster. I tried not to make it an entire roster of Italian-Americans so there are a lot of top Italian born players on the 90 and 40 man, with their ratings from OOTP 20. (Dodgers)

12. Netherlands (12th best team overall, 11th in contact, 6th in power, 19th in pitching, 9th in defense, 26th in speed. Good mix of Curacao guys, Arubans and Netherland guys. Solid Lineup/poor pitching. (Orioles)

13. Colombia (13th best team overall, 10th in contact, 14th in power, 12th in pitching, 18th in defense, 15th in speed. They are much improved (even if their top two former pitchers (Quintana and Teheran have regressed in recent years). (Cubs)

14. Israel (14th best team overall, 17th in contact, 12th in power, 13th in pitching, 12th in defense, 12th in speed. Majority of the 90 man roster with the exception of 3 or 4 players are Jewish-Americans. (Brewers)

15. Panama (15th best team overall, 15th in contact, 15th in power, 11th in pitching, 8th in defense, 8th in speed. (White Sox)

16. Chinese Taipei or (Taiwan). 16th best team overall, 16th in contact, 17th in Power, 17th in pitching, 13th in defense, 16th in speed. You'll notice a few current/former MLB/MILB prospects, but majoirty of the roster is made up of players from the CPBL. (Blue Jays)

17. Spain (17th best team overall, 12th in contact, 16th in power, 18th in pitching, 17th in defense, 17th in speed. only 1 Spanish born player on their 90 roster. You'll notice 10 or 11 names from previous WBC rosters, but most of the 90 man is made up of Latin American players, who missed making the cut for the 90 man roster for their home countries. (Phillies)

18. Brazil (18th best team overall, 18th in Contact, 18th in Power, 20th in pitching, 10th in defense, 6th in speed. Country has come a long way in the last 10 years developing players mostly from the Sao Paola area. (Mariners)

19. Nicaragua (19th best team overall, 20th in Contact, 22nd in Power, 15th in pitching, 19th in Defense, 21st in speed. (Padres)

20. Australia (20th best team overall, 19th in Contact, 23rd in Power, 16th in pitching, 21st in defense, 10th in speed) (A's)

21. Great Britain (21st best team overall, 23rd in contact, 25th in power, 21st in pitching, 20th in defense, 1st in speed). Majority of team is made up of guys from the Bahamas, with some English Americans and English Born players. (Red Sox)

22. The Philippines (22nd best team overall, 21st in contact, 19th in power, 23rd in pitching, 25th in defense, 18th in speed. Team would be a lot lower without Filipino-Americans playing for them. (Giants)

23. Germany (23rd best team overall, 26th in contact, 21st in power, 22nd in pitching, 22nd in defense, 27th in speed. (Pirates)

24. Czech Republic (24th best team overall, 22nd in contact, 20th in power, 26th in pitching, 27th in defense, 29th in speed) (Indians)

25. Rest of the World (25th best team overall, 24th in contact, 24th in power, 25th in pitching, 24th in defense, 11th in speed. (90 man is made up of players from Virgin Islands, Thailand, European countries, African countries, south/ central american Countries. I gave them Thialand Uniforms. (Mets)

26. China (26th best team overall, 25th in contact, 29th in power, 24th in pitching, 23rd in defense, 23rd in speed. ( Astros).

27. France (27th best team overall, 27th in contact, 26th in power, 27th in pitching, 26th in defense, 19th in speed). (Tigers)

28. South Africa (28th best team overall, 29th in contact, 27th in power, 28th in pitching, 29th in defense, 25th in speed. Unlike other countries, South Africa doesn't rely on foreign players to make up their National team roster. (Rays)

29. New Zealand (29th best team overall, 28th in contact, 30th in power, 29th in pitching, 28th in defense, 24th in speed. ( Rockies)

30. Argentina (worst team overall, 30th in contact, 28th in power, 30th in pitching, 30th in defense, 30th in speed. (Marlins)

I usually start franchise mode with CPU control on and fire every team's manager and hire managers and coaches from that particular country instead. USA whoever, DR- Manny Acta, Mexico-Rick Renteria, PR-Montoya, Sandy Alomar as bench coach etc. If anyone has any questions, leave them here. Thanks.

Updated Ratings for 2022.. Here is how they rank now..

1.USA
2.Dominican Republic
3. Venezuela
4. US young Stars
5. Cuba
6. Japan
7. Puerto Rico
8. Mexico
9. Canada
10. South Korea
11. Israel
12. Panama