View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 12:28 PM   #23
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: What NCAA game best captures the triple option and all it's intricacies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrudey32
I'm not sure how they pulled it off but, to me, there is just something special about NCAA games on PS2. The attention to detail. Actually getting correct and numerous penalty calls (something which I hardly ever get in 14 despite having the penalty sliders jacked up.) PS2's NCAA's presentation is simply unmatched. Not having Corso in the later games really makes it stale. In the PS2 games, I've lowered the RB ability and tackling way down to slow the game down a touch which I think helps as well. And I don't use the sprint button unless in the clear so that blocking matters.

Agreed in full, and I wanted to ask about the part in bold. What settings do you use for these?

I a Boise State Broncos fan, and Ian Johnson has something like 93 break tackle. He was a beast in real life out there. I want to feel life I am running with a dangerous back when they have 90+ break tackle against these student athletes at LB with 78 Tackle and those CBs with 54 tackle.You shouldn't be Super Mario with a Star power, but getting brought down left and right is not a solution either.