View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 03:11 PM   #1
DaKingPin87
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lightbulb FUN Career Mode Idea for your MLS or Liga MX team!

I'm an Orlando City fan so in my first career mode run, I took them through MLS. With inflated budgets, no outside competitions, and some smart strategy, it was too easy to succeed. It gets boring.

If you are looking for a bigger challenge involving an MLS club (or a Liga MX club...though that's already much more of a challenge), I came up with a fun idea. Just make sure to go into the default custom tactics and roles and change them to suit your roster and/or how you actually want to play.

1. Start career mode. No summer transfer window. Strict negotiations. No infusion of extra money.
2. Use the swap teams feature to create a North & South America super league which takes place in Argentina. That league has 26 teams. You play every other team once. [I'll list the teams to put in the league at the bottom of this]
3. The reason to do the league in South America is that you can enjoy the South American Champions League/Europa League also. Because FIFA has designated teams not in leagues across South America for these competitions, it doesn't deplete the tournament like creating the Europe superleague would.

Teams for this league, based on prestige & international recognition rankings from fifaratings.com + my knowledge of some of the leagues:

From Argentina - Boca Juniors, Independiente, Racing Club, River Plate, San Lorenzo, Velez Sarsfield, Estudiantes, Lanus

From Mexico - America, CF Monterrey, Cruz Azul, Guadalajara, Tigres, Pachuca

From Brazil - Mineiro, Gremio, Santos, Fluminense, Internacional

From MLS: Atlanta, LA Galaxy, NYC FC, NY Red Bulls, Seattle, Orlando (only because I'm playing as them)

*From Japan: Kashima Antlers - I'm keeping with a Copa America tradition here. Japan occasionally gets invited to compete in Copa America and in the spirit of Brazil having a lot of Japanese heritage in Sao Paolo, I wanted one in there for fun.

It's definitely a much higher challenge being in a league with better teams (though none are above a 75 overall...this league is pretty balanced) where the goal of every team is to win.

I first simmed the whole season out a couple of times out of curiosity to see how the table would shake out. In both, Orlando finished mid-table. In both, the bottom 3 teams were all MLS teams LOL.

Tigres finished second both times. River Plate won it once and Monterrey won it once.

I'm now three games into playing during the season and I only have 1 pt so far. I've really had to mess with tactics to get the most out of the roster limitations, which has been a breath of fresh air.

Another interesting note: They start you out with more scouts out of the box because you are in this league v. MLS. And the pre-season tournament prize money is much higher.
Advertisements - Register to remove