View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 06:02 AM   #1
lawspecter816
Rookie

lawspecter816's Arena

OVR: 0
User QB play - major issue with Madden/Football games?

Hello everyone,

just wanted to post one impression/issue I have and see if anyone else thinks similar and maybe is even able to provide a "fix":

User QB play: Over the years I got pretty good at reading coverages and in particular quick post snap reads. To be honest: This is in my opinion the number one skill for a QB to have. Best examples are Brady and Manning: Both did never have the most spectacular arm. But they did excel at the mental part of being a QB.

This mental part however, is completely done by the user when playing offense. Rating do not play a role in this. There begins my problem in Franchise: I do not need an Elite QB. All I need is a decently accurate QB to do most things I want to do on the field. If he is a bit athletic as well, that's a plus. Best example: Justin Fields. He has a big arm, is rather accurate and athletic. But in real life he has major problems with the mental part, in particular reading defenses quick enough and getting rid of the ball quick enough. These flaws do not apply if I user him, however. Therefore I could be Elite with him from the get go (if would not have such a bad supporting cast in Chicago).

I think you understand where my problem ist. Anyone feels similar? Actually that's not a critiscim of EA here. It is hard to imagine how to implement a more rating based approach in User QB play without handcuffing the game play too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove